For Healthy Living
Improving the nation's health and well-being
Land Group Fitness Descriptions
- Ab Blast: A quick full core workout. This quick 20 minute class will give you an intense core workout.
- Beginning Yoga: Basic Yoga postures emphasizing correct alignment while incorporating breath and relaxation.
- Chair Yoga: Increase strength, flexibility and concentration using a chair for support for traditional Yoga poses. Breath and relaxation techniques will be incorporated to complete this safe, relaxing class.
- Gentle Chair Yoga: A very light yoga class that will utilize a chair for balance and posture support. Basic, simple, and easy to follow yoga move that will help increase balance, flexibilty, and muscular strength.
- Step Circuit: Combine a step workout with strength exercises to improve overall muscle and cardiovascular endurance in this fun class!
- Cycling: One of the most popular group fitness classes at the Y. No complicated choreography with easy to learn techniques. Intensity is controlled by you, making cycling appropriate for all levels of fitness. Video Cycling classes incorporate the use of a big screen to take your mind off your workout. Cycle express is a quick 30 minute class.
- Noon Double Step: A cardio workout for the intermediate stepper focusing on building your cardio endurance followed by toning exercises set to music.
- Dynamic Yoga: A more challenging vinyasa based class designed to tone the body and calm the mind by incorporating a variety of postures designed for balance, strength, and flexibility. Previous yoga experience is recommended before attending this class.
- Easy Rider: Learn the basic rules of the road and cycling techniques. Work on building endurance while working at a pace you are comfortable with.
- 30-10-10: A fun and effective workout which includes 30 minutes of low-impact aerobics, 10 minutes of core conditioning, and 10 minutes of dynamic (yoga) stretching. Suitable for all ages (13+) and levels!
- Gentle Yoga: This gentle class will challenge muscular strength, endurance, flexibility and increase stamina.
- Kickboxing: Cardio kickboxing uses easy to follow steps for a total body cardio workout!
- Middle Eastern Dance (Belly dancing): A fun total body workout! The fluid motions of this dance class will help loosen muscle and build stamina, balance flexibility and strength.
- Muscle Work: Group strength training for all fitness levels set to music using barbells, dumb bells, fit balls, Glides and resist-a-bands. Focuses on all major muscle groups. Improve muscular tone, endurance and strength.
- Pilates 1: Basic instruction that will ensure proper body alignment, technique, and posture focusing on the basic Joseph Pilates' exercise method.
- PM Yoga: Yoga postures that will prepare the body for resting. Light to moderate intensity. A great way to end the day!
- Power Tone: This class incorporates strength, balance and flexibility training using basic Pilates exercises and various equipment. Hand weights, resistance bands, small Pilates balls, large fit balls, and BOSU's will provide variety, fun and results!
- Power Yoga: This class will focus on a series of powerful poses linked with the breath. Improve strength, balance and flexibility for your mind, body and spirit. Moving at a fairly fast pace between sun salutations and intense postures, this class is suitable for advanced students.
- Saturday Step: A double step cardio workout for the intermediate stepper focusing on building cardio endurance.
- Silver Riders: A more gentle cycle class geared toward the novice rider. This class will consist of 30 minutes of steady cycling cadence.
- SilverSneakers® Muscular Strength and Range of Movement: Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball are offered for resistance; and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
- Super Step: Double step cardio workout for the already fit exerciser. Fun choreography keeps you moving and grooving. This class is not appropriate for beginners.
- Turbo Kick®: The evolution of kick boxing is here! Turbo Kick is an interval based, full body workout that begins with a sports-specific warm-up. High-paced intervals follow with kickboxing-specific strength/endurance training sequences and easy-to-follow combinations. Class ends with a mind/body-like cool-down.
- Ultimate Circuit: This "NEW" class incorporates cardio segments and strength training, increasing the overall intensity of the class. Focuses on all major muscle groups to improve muscular tone, endurance, strength, and cardiovascular fitness.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Sequences of yoga postures that synchronize breath with movement. May include Sun Salutations. Moderate to intense, previous yoga experience recommended.
- Yoga on the Move: Experience the mind and body connection in this flowing class that links breath and movement. You'll get a total body workout and leave feeling de-stressed and energized.
- Zumba®: Zumba fuses hypnotic latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a dynamic fitness program that will blow you away. Combine calorie-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements meant to engage and captivate for life. The routines feature interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat. Add some Latin flavor and international zest into the mix and you've got Zumba®.
- Zumba Gold®: Zumba Gold is designed for anyone, any age (13+), and any ability level! Lower intensity levels, but using the same rythms of Zumba guaranteed to be fun and effective total body workout.
Water Group Fitness Descriptions
- AA Water Fitness: This 50 minute workout includes aerobic, strengthening and flexibility exercises appropriatve for all fitness levels.
- Aqua Power: This 45 minute deep-water workout focuses on cardiovascular endurance using a combination of flippers and/or floatation belts.
- Aqua Fit: This workout focuses on aerobics and toning in the shallow and deep water.
- Aqua Express: This quick workout focuses on aerobis and toning in shallow and deep water.
- WATER in MOTION®: Water in Motion is the newest aqua exercise workout that provides a low impact, high-energy challenge for participants of all ages (13+), skill and fitness levels.