The Missouri Valley Family YMCA is dedicated to its community. Through programs that promote youth development, healthy living and social responsibility the Y strengthens spirit, mind and body for all people. We promote the character values of caring, respect, honesty, and responsibility.
Your Y feels it is important that the YMCA is available to everyone. No one will be turned away because of inability to pay (subject to availability of funds). The Y is here for all people – regardless of their financial situation. Most members can afford the programs and services of the Y and expect to pay fees accordingly. But in times of need, the Y offers financial assistance to those who cannot afford access to the Y. Assistance is awarded on a sliding scale with the participant paying a portion of the fees based and their individual and family needs. Assistance is granted for a specified time period; if assistance is still needed after this time period, the financial assistance form must be completed again.
- Complete the financial assistance application in full: Scholarship Application
- Assistance is reviewed on a per person basis.
- Submit the application to the Member Service Desk.
- Proof of income is required before assistance will be considered.
- Attach letter(s) of referral (optional).
- Processing time is usually within 1-2 weeks.
- You will receive an email notifying you of the status of your application.
- The YMCA reserves the right to refuse assistance to any applicant – assistance is granted on a needs basis.
- Please call LaCarra Larson at 255.1525 with any questions on Financial Assistance.